Olivia Zink donated via 2017-10-13 10:20:52 -0400$42,327.10 raisedGOAL: $50,000.00
Donate $50 or more to NH Rebellion and receive a copy of Granny D's book: American Century as our thank you gift! All donations go directly to enabling our work to #FightBigMoney in New Hampshire.
Select an amount at left to donate online or mail your check to:
4 Park Street, Suite 301
Concord, NH 03301-6303
NH Rebellion is a campaign of Open Democracy, a NH 501(c)3 nonpartisan non-profit (Tax ID: 80-0336490). We do not endorse or support candidates for public office.
Olivia Zink posted about Please VETO SB3 and Protect Voting Rights on Facebook 2017-06-26 15:04:14 -0400Sign the petition: Voting RightsGOAL: 150 signatures
- Our democracy is best when everyone participates It shouldn’t matter if you’re a lifelong Granite Stater or recently settled in our great state. What matters is that we have an engaged, civically minded community.
- Instead of paving the way for eligible people to participate in our elections, New Hampshire's SB 3 puts up more red tape so that eligible people have a hard time casting their ballots.
- No local election officials supported the bill after hours of testimony and they were not engaged in drafting of the legislation. SB3 is designed to jam polling location lines, target voters in transition and undermine our popular same day registration system.
- I urge you to support secure automatic voter registration and the implementation of electronic poll books. We should be ensuring that all honest votes are counted, not imposing endless bureaucracy.
- Electronic poll books save cities and towns taxpayer dollars and reduce lines at polling places. Automatic Registration decreases inaccuracies in voter records and saves cities and towns taxpayer dollars.
- I urge you to veto SB3 and support modernization to keep New Hampshire First in the Nation.
- Call Governor Sununu at 603-271-2121 and tell him NO on SB3
The past nine months have been a whirl of activity, largely due to political events that have changed the legislative landscape both here in New Hampshire and in the nation.NH Rebellion and Open Democracy are committed to developing and promoting legislation that will strengthen democracy, increase transparency, and improve accountability. All these principles are threatened in the current political climate. Throughout the past year, our Legislative Committee has been meeting regularly to assess these challenges, while our Open Democracy Action group has been defending and advocating for our priorities. The following is a summary of past highlights.Read more
Olivia Zink donated via 2017-05-21 14:05:33 -0400
I woke up this cold, NH January morning thinking about butterflies and the way a caterpillar transforms into a butterfly. I was thinking how the monied interests that are influencing and corrupting our society are like the caterpillars. It’s our job to transform them.
We see how money in politics, from the opiod crisis to the environment, affects how policy decisions are made. We see how the money barrier prevents good people from running for office. We see the time that our politicians spend raising money that takes away from their time governing.
It’s time that we work to transform our campaign finance system so that everyone has an equal voice not just those that have money to influence a campaign. It’s time that we put voters in control not big money donors who influence governmental policies to enrich the monied class and not the whole spectrum of our society.
It’s time to donate $20.20 monthly to the NH Rebellion so that we can make the transformation happen before the next presidential election in 2020.
We must organize, educate and advocate. Today, Inauguration Day, is a great day to think about the unique opportunities that we have to transform our communities.Donate
Sign the petition: First Debate DemocracyGOAL: 38 signatures
We demand Lester Holt, moderator of the first presidential debate, ensure that when Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton arrive at Hofstra University on September 26th, they first debate democracy.
The power of money in our political system—who has it, who doesn’t, and what it's buying--has been a central theme throughout this presidential election season. In the Democratic primary, Bernie Sanders animated millions of Americans by mobilizing individual $27 donations to effectively match the power of millionaires and billionaires. Donald Trump dispensed with his opponents by calling them puppets of big donors while committing to being “unbought” by lobbyists and special interests. Hillary Clinton has said reforming the way our elections are financed will be a “top priority” if she’s elected. At the same time, debate has raged from state houses to courthouses about voting laws, who should have access to the ballot, and whether our congressional districts should be fairly drawn.
These issues go to the very heart of who we are as a country – so many Americans are losing faith in our institutions and public trust in elected officials is at a record low.
Americans deserve to hear the candidates’ positions on the power of money in politics, how they’ll eliminate barriers to civic participation and their visions for how we will take a step toward achieving the promise of our democracy, a vision of political equality for all Americans.
Olivia Zink donated 2016-06-07 11:37:30 -0400
Have you dreamed of making history? Of course, we all have. And now we have a chance to be a part of NH’s first day of giving - an opportunity to unite Granite Staters around causes in which they truly believe and help nonprofit organizations connect to the larger community.
From Granny D’s kitchen window to our office is an Ivy plant. It was planted, loved and cared for by Doris “Granny D” Haddock. The plant is growing in our office as we work hard to grow our democracy movement.
Can you feel it? The excitement surrounding our community? It's been building and building and building for weeks, and it's finally here: NH Gives Day is here!
Please consider a gift to Open Democracy and our NH Rebellion project. A little can go a long way when NH gets together and gives together on June 7th for #NHGives!
NH Rebellion is a project of Open Democracy is a non-partisan, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization working to strengthening our democracy so that every voice is heard.Donate
Rebels, it's time to act again! Let the Presidential candidates know that you want them to work for you, not special interest Super PACs and billionaires. When you take the We the People Pledge, your signature will be delivered–in person–to the Presidential candidates before the NH Primary. Make your voice heard and sign the Pledge below today!
I call on all candidates to champion the We the People reform agenda to restore government “of, by, and for the people.”
GOAL: 6,265 signatures
- Expose secret donors and require full transparency
- Ban bribes from lobbyists and government contractors
- Ban Super PACs and overturn Citizens United
- Establish small-donor, citizen-funded elections
- End gerrymandering and modernize voter registration
- Close loopholes and enforce campaign finance laws
Only your name will be displayed on the NH Rebellion Pledge website. All other information is private.