John Davenport signed Please VETO SB3 and Protect Voting Rights 2017-06-28 15:50:06 -0400
Please VETO SB3 and Protect NH Voting RightsGOAL: 147 signatures
- Our democracy is best when everyone participates It shouldn’t matter if you’re a lifelong Granite Stater or recently settled in our great state. What matters is that we have an engaged, civically minded community.
- Instead of paving the way for eligible people to participate in our elections, New Hampshire's SB 3 puts up more red tape so that eligible people have a hard time casting their ballots.
- No local election officials supported the bill after hours of testimony and they were not engaged in drafting of the legislation. SB3 is designed to jam polling location lines, target voters in transition and undermine our popular same day registration system.
- I urge you to support secure automatic voter registration and the implementation of electronic poll books. We should be ensuring that all honest votes are counted, not imposing endless bureaucracy.
- Electronic poll books save cities and towns taxpayer dollars and reduce lines at polling places. Automatic Registration decreases inaccuracies in voter records and saves cities and towns taxpayer dollars.
- I urge you to veto SB3 and support modernization to keep New Hampshire First in the Nation.
- Call Governor Sununu at 603-271-2121 and tell him NO on SB3
John Davenport signed First Debate Democracy 2016-09-09 17:09:58 -0400
First Debate DemocracyGOAL: 38 signatures
We demand Lester Holt, moderator of the first presidential debate, ensure that when Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton arrive at Hofstra University on September 26th, they first debate democracy.
The power of money in our political system—who has it, who doesn’t, and what it's buying--has been a central theme throughout this presidential election season. In the Democratic primary, Bernie Sanders animated millions of Americans by mobilizing individual $27 donations to effectively match the power of millionaires and billionaires. Donald Trump dispensed with his opponents by calling them puppets of big donors while committing to being “unbought” by lobbyists and special interests. Hillary Clinton has said reforming the way our elections are financed will be a “top priority” if she’s elected. At the same time, debate has raged from state houses to courthouses about voting laws, who should have access to the ballot, and whether our congressional districts should be fairly drawn.
These issues go to the very heart of who we are as a country – so many Americans are losing faith in our institutions and public trust in elected officials is at a record low.
Americans deserve to hear the candidates’ positions on the power of money in politics, how they’ll eliminate barriers to civic participation and their visions for how we will take a step toward achieving the promise of our democracy, a vision of political equality for all Americans.
John Davenport signed Pledge! 2015-11-04 08:46:50 -0500
Take the Pledge!
Rebels, it's time to act again! Let the Presidential candidates know that you want them to work for you, not special interest Super PACs and billionaires. When you take the We the People Pledge, your signature will be delivered–in person–to the Presidential candidates before the NH Primary. Make your voice heard and sign the Pledge below today!
I call on all candidates to champion the We the People reform agenda to restore government “of, by, and for the people.”
GOAL: 6,260 signatures
- Expose secret donors and require full transparency
- Ban bribes from lobbyists and government contractors
- Ban Super PACs and overturn Citizens United
- Establish small-donor, citizen-funded elections
- End gerrymandering and modernize voter registration
- Close loopholes and enforce campaign finance laws
Only your name will be displayed on the NH Rebellion Pledge website. All other information is private.
Donate on behalf of John Davenport: