Daniel Weeks donated 2017-11-19 07:32:36 -0500
GOAL: 149 signatures
- Our democracy is best when everyone participates It shouldn’t matter if you’re a lifelong Granite Stater or recently settled in our great state. What matters is that we have an engaged, civically minded community.
- Instead of paving the way for eligible people to participate in our elections, New Hampshire's SB 3 puts up more red tape so that eligible people have a hard time casting their ballots.
- No local election officials supported the bill after hours of testimony and they were not engaged in drafting of the legislation. SB3 is designed to jam polling location lines, target voters in transition and undermine our popular same day registration system.
- I urge you to support secure automatic voter registration and the implementation of electronic poll books. We should be ensuring that all honest votes are counted, not imposing endless bureaucracy.
- Electronic poll books save cities and towns taxpayer dollars and reduce lines at polling places. Automatic Registration decreases inaccuracies in voter records and saves cities and towns taxpayer dollars.
- I urge you to veto SB3 and support modernization to keep New Hampshire First in the Nation.
- Call Governor Sununu at 603-271-2121 and tell him NO on SB3
Daniel Weeks donated 2016-06-06 22:56:11 -0400
Have you dreamed of making history? Of course, we all have. And now we have a chance to be a part of NH’s first day of giving - an opportunity to unite Granite Staters around causes in which they truly believe and help nonprofit organizations connect to the larger community.
From Granny D’s kitchen window to our office is an Ivy plant. It was planted, loved and cared for by Doris “Granny D” Haddock. The plant is growing in our office as we work hard to grow our democracy movement.
Can you feel it? The excitement surrounding our community? It's been building and building and building for weeks, and it's finally here: NH Gives Day is here!
Please consider a gift to Open Democracy and our NH Rebellion project. A little can go a long way when NH gets together and gives together on June 7th for #NHGives!
NH Rebellion is a project of Open Democracy is a non-partisan, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization working to strengthening our democracy so that every voice is heard.Donate
Daniel Weeks wants to volunteer 2015-11-10 13:24:09 -0500
Help Your Town Fight Big Money!Become a volunteer
If you want a short-term volunteer commitment which will make a difference in saving our democracy, consider becoming a volunteer town warrant article petitioner.
We have more details on our "How-To" page, but this initiative is designed to use our local town warrants to inform local voters on how we can end Big Money politics, and to send a strong message to our state and federal elected officials that if they won't take action, we will!
Has your town passed a We the People Agenda warrant article? Click here.
Rebels, it's time to act again! Let the Presidential candidates know that you want them to work for you, not special interest Super PACs and billionaires. When you take the We the People Pledge, your signature will be delivered–in person–to the Presidential candidates before the NH Primary. Make your voice heard and sign the Pledge below today!
I call on all candidates to champion the We the People reform agenda to restore government “of, by, and for the people.”
GOAL: 6,271 signatures
- Expose secret donors and require full transparency
- Ban bribes from lobbyists and government contractors
- Ban Super PACs and overturn Citizens United
- Establish small-donor, citizen-funded elections
- End gerrymandering and modernize voter registration
- Close loopholes and enforce campaign finance laws
Only your name will be displayed on the NH Rebellion Pledge website. All other information is private.