Bonnie Wright donated 2016-12-15 16:43:46 -0500
Our democracy is facing an emergency. This is a major challenge for our country and we must all act. You can help make the difference right now.
It is hard to understate how critical your donation to NH Rebellion is at this time, so please give as much as you can. We are extremely grateful for your past support. With your continued help, we can turn this frustration over our rigged systems into passing the agenda of reforms, bill-by-bill, that will take back our government from the monied interests.
An overwhelming majority of voters, of every political stripe, said loud and clear that they have had it with the big-money special interests corrupting our government – and that it’s finally time to rebel and give us a government that puts the needs of the majority of citizens first.
As you know, the NH Rebellion is all about taking whatever action we need to achieve our mission of “Political equality for all through an open, accountable and trusted government free from big-money corruption.” We can do it, but we have to ramp up our efforts on all fronts. We must work together to change the system.
Here’s how we will immediately put your donation to work:
- Mobilize thousands of NH citizens who have participated in one or more NH Rebellion marches and who have signed the Pledge to support our “We The People” Reform Agenda to urge their legislators to act and hold them accountable.
- Build a coalition of civic and advocacy groups who are committed to passing our Reform Agenda.
- Establish the reform caucus in the Legislature, from both parties.
- Keep the issue and urgency in front of the public with walks, articles and research.
We cannot do this alone. We need your help. Please donate to help us reach our goal of $25,000 and 400 donors. Encourage family and friends to donate. Volunteer to help organize walks or write letters to the editor. Can you think of a better investment for the future of our country right now?
Rebels, it's time to act again! Let the Presidential candidates know that you want them to work for you, not special interest Super PACs and billionaires. When you take the We the People Pledge, your signature will be delivered–in person–to the Presidential candidates before the NH Primary. Make your voice heard and sign the Pledge below today!
I call on all candidates to champion the We the People reform agenda to restore government “of, by, and for the people.”
GOAL: 6,272 signatures
- Expose secret donors and require full transparency
- Ban bribes from lobbyists and government contractors
- Ban Super PACs and overturn Citizens United
- Establish small-donor, citizen-funded elections
- End gerrymandering and modernize voter registration
- Close loopholes and enforce campaign finance laws
Only your name will be displayed on the NH Rebellion Pledge website. All other information is private.
Bonnie Wright wants to volunteer 2015-04-16 13:01:00 -0400
New Hampshire's first-in-the-nation Presidential primary provides Granite Staters a unique opportunity to inject the root issue of corruption into the national debate by asking the candidates one simple question: "It is time for Congress to fix the way elections are funded, what solutions do you propose?" By doing this, we seek to make money in politics the definitive voting issue of the 2020 elections.Become a volunteer