Route Weather Forecast
Please take cold weather/wet weather precautions on the walk.
Field Manager: Beth Grunewald, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need a ride or can offer a ride to or from the walk route, please contact the field manager listed on this page.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 17
DAY 1 - KEENE to DUBLIN
Total Daily Mileage: 13.1 mi
Estimated Walk Time: 4 hours 35 min
Starting Point: Soldier’s Monument Central Square Keene, NH
Ending Point: Dublin Community Center (White house next to Yankee Publishing)
Route: Head southeast Main Street and turn left onto Marlborough Street at the traffic circle. At the end of Marlborough STOP to regroup before following 101 East. Head to Dublin via Stone Pond Road and Old Marlborough Rd.
Lodging: Group lodging is at the Dublin Community Center.
9:00 AM: MEET at Soldier's Monument
10:00 AM: DEPART
- LUNCH: Provided by Federated Church of Marlborough, At the Community House: 160 Main Street, Marlborough, NH 03455
1:00 PM: DEPART 8.4 Miles to Dublin (3hrs walking)
5:00 PM: Community Supper at Dublin Community Center
6:00 PM: “Power of One” play by Dixie Tymitz at the Dublin Community Center
SUNDAY, JANUARY 18
DAY 2 - DUBLIN TO BENNINGTON
Total Daily Mileage: 17.2 mi
Estimated Walk Time: 6 hrs
Starting Point: Dublin Community Center (White house next to Yankee Publishing)
Ending Point: Bennington Congregational Church
Route: Continue along NH-101 East, taking Old Peterborough Rd to Union Street into Peterborough. Follow 202 North to Bennington.
- 8 AM: Breakfast Meetup at Dublin Community Center
- 8:30 AM: 7.1 Miles to Peterborough (2.5hrs of walking)
- LUNCH: Provided by Social Justice Committee at the Unitarian Universalist Church
- 1 PM: 10.1 Miles to Bennington (3.5 hrs of walking)
- 5 PM: Community Supper & Discussion provided by Bennington Congregational Church Francestown Road Bennington, NH 03442
- 7 PM: Rides to Homestays
Walkers will spend the evening with a local family and regroup in the morning.
MONDAY, JANUARY 19
DAY 3 - BENNINGTON TO HENNIKER
Total Daily Mileage: 16.6 mi
Estimated Walk Time: 5 hours 30 mins
Starting Point: Bennington Congregational Church
Ending Point: Henniker Congregational Church
Route: Follow 202 North then Rt 9 West to Henniker.
Lodging: New England College Field House
8 AM: Breakfast Meet-up
8:30 AM: 10 miles to Hillsboro (3hrs 15min walking)
LUNCH: Smith Memorial Church 30 W Main Street Hillsboro, NH 03244
1 PM: 6.6miles to Henniker (2hrs 15min walking)
5 PM: Community Supper at Henniker Congregational Church
- 6:30 PM: MLK Day Event - New England College Simon Center Great Room 98 Bridge Street, Henniker
Group Lodging and showers in the New England College Field House
TUESDAY, JANUARY 20
DAY 4 - HENNIKER TO HOPKINTON
Total Daily Mileage: 9.3 mi
Estimated Walk Time: 3 hours 10 mins
Starting Point: Henniker Congregational Church
Ending Point: First Congregational Church
Route: Head East on Main Street, cross RT 9 to Kast Hill Rd. Follow Maple St over 89, heading east immediately on Dolly Rd. Follow Gage Hill Rd east to Old Henniker Road.
- 8:30 AM: Breakfast at Henniker Congregational Church
- 9:30 AM: 9.4 miles to Hopkinton (3hrs 15min walking)
- LUNCH: On the road
- 2:30 PM-4PM: Bird-dog training provided by American Friends Service Committee Hopkinton Town Library 61 Houston Dr, Contoocook, NH 03229
- 5 PM: Community Supper
- 6 PM: “Go, Granny D!” Play by Barbara Bates Smith and Jeff Sebens
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 21
DAY 5 - HOPKINTON TO CONCORD
- 9 AM – 7.4 Miles to Concord
- 11:30 AM – Arrive at Capitol Center for the Arts for lunch and Granny D play
- 1:30 PM – March as a group to the NH State House