After a snowy opening day, the sun broke through the clouds and hundreds more Rebels and media outlets packed the tent for day two of the We the People Convention in downtown Manchester.
We think what happened inside the tent is worth writing home about…
- Actor Sam Waterston kicked off the day with a little #FightBigMoney trivia before dashing off to do more media interviews for the cause
- Candidates for governor Colin Van Ostern and Mark Connolly, and candidates for Congress Rep. Carol Shea-Porter and Shawn O'Connor made their case to voters and pledged support for the #FightBigMoney agenda
- Ambassador Richard Swett convened a panel tracing big money's influence on the Northern Pass and NED Pipeline projects
- Leading national reformers from Common Cause, Every Voice, Free Speech for People, Issue One, and Represent.US unveiled a brand-new report of landmark victories and the path ahead for reform across the country
- Pulitzer-Prize winner Hedrick Smith, syndicated-radio host Arnie Arnesen, Ben & Jerry's co-founder Ben Cohen, Independents Rising leader Jackie Salit, author-activist Derek Cressman, and citizen leaders in IA, MA, and NH regaled the crowd with tales and inspiration from the frontlines of the #FightBigMoney movement
- US Representatives John Sarbanes and Annie Kuster talked about the push to pass comprehensive campaign reform in Congress
- New Jersey Senator Cory Booker spoke passionately in support of our reform agenda on behalf of Hillary Clinton.
But we didn't just sit inside the tent. With snow underfoot and a bright sun in the sky, hundreds of Rebels joined the final NH Rebellion march before the primary in downtown Manchester, and dozens more made the 4-mile trek to Goffstown to rally outside the GOP Debate.
When Prof. Lawrence Lessig finally took the stage to deliver his inspirational keynote address and we presented the Granny D Awards to heroic leaders and activists, it was clear that this is about more than just an issue – it is about a movement of people "walking with love for our country, to honor our Grannies and sons … 'till the will of the people be done!"
It's not too late to join us on Sunday from 9am to noon as we bring the We the People Convention to a close with best-selling author Marianne Williamson, Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein, our own Mark Twain and Betsy Ross, and an official surrogate for Sen. Bernie Sanders – and launch the next chapter of the NH Rebellion. If you can't join us in person, you can join the hundreds of other supporters from around the country tuning in to the live stream. And don't miss the discussion online @NHRebellion and #FightBigMoney.